Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4. A one-page description of your project.

For my Art 450 class project I am going to be making a series of short animations meant to be a crash-course study in 2D animation using Adobe Flash. This project will consist of multiple short animations and one longer final animation.

The first animations are each going to have specific lessons tied to them that I will be learning through reading "The Animators Survival Kit" by Richard Williams. I also plan to seek knowledge from the Internet by using online tutorials to help familiarize myself with the Adobe Flash software. I have planned to complete a minimum of 3 short animations, although I hope to complete more, that each may or may not have color or sound. The themes of study that these short films may consist of include; a walk sequence, bounce sequence, a loop, and a musical- just to name a few ideas.

The final animation will be much longer than the rest and will use all of the things that the previous short animations have taught me. My current working idea is to animate a short film of my cat Barney that will be set to music.

I hope that through reading Richard Williams' book "The Animators Survival Kit" and studying online tutorials that by the end of term I will have completed a 2D video that I can potentially use as a portfolio piece. I also hope that through completing a series of animations I will have familiarized myself enough with the software that I will feel comfortable using it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment